We are always in need of foster homes.
The more foster homes we have, the more dogs we can rescue.
By providing a foster home for a dog, you make it possible for K-9 New Life to remove another dog from a shelter. If you are considering adoption, perhaps you might consider fostering. You provide a loving, safe environment for a dog while we find the dog a forever home.
Fostering is an extremely rewarding experience. Instead of saving one life, fostering saves many lives by allowing us to rescue additional dogs. Fosterdogs.com is a highly recommended & informative website that can help you decide if fostering is right for you.
Fostering is not a financial burden as all expenses are covered by our organization.
K-9 New Life Responsibilities
• Provide food
• Provide veterinary care
• Provide medication
• Provide a crate
• Set up spay/neuter appointment & provide payment
• Provide Foster Coordinator & emergency contact information
Foster Home Responsibilities
• Provide a safe environment for the animal to rehabilitate
• Begin basic training (potty training, basic commands)
• Provide transportation to veterinary appointments, adoption events, etc.
• Arrange meet & greet times with prospective adopters
• Notify K-9 New Life Foster Coordinator of any medical or behavioral problems observed, or when you need any K-9 New Life provided supplies